Free to just be you
We have some of the Best Backcountry Fishing Lake Opportunities in the High Sierra.
From the novice to the most experienced angler of all ages, we have a spot for everyone.
You can easily fish 3 or more different lakes in one day!!
Our suggested Fishing Equipment List:
- Fishing License (can be picked up in Bishop or one of the Resorts on Bishop Creek)
- Rod-Reel and Line, please break down Rod-Reel-Line before you arrive for your trip.
- Canvas Creel (please no plastic tackle boxes)
- Fishing vest. Shade hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and bug spray.
- Waterproof shoes.
- Pliers, clippers and knife.
- Stringer rope.
- Metal or PVC Rod case, no longer than 4’, we have cases available.
- Because of the rocks on the shoreline of most lakes a net is important to have. (Especially for the Big Ones!)
- Leader, 2lb test.
- Flies: Mosquito, Royal Coachman, Colorado Renegade, Black Gnat, Yellow or Gray hackle peacock or your favorite. Hook size 12 –14.
- Lures: Black Rooster Tail, Cast Master, Phoebe, Super Duper, #2 Meaps (silver), Panther Martin or your favorite. Hooks size 8-12.
- Bubbles, swivels, weights (split shot).
- Worms, Crickets, Salmon Eggs.
- Power Bait (if nothing else works)